Youth in Sport Sponsorship
The CGA has actively encouraged young sportsmen and women through its Youth in Sport sponsorship programme. Support and financial assistance has been given to more than twenty young hopefuls since the CGA launched its sponsorship programme in 2001.
Progress of the aspiring youngsters is closely followed in our membership magazine and news of our proteges' success feature prominently on the News & Events pages of this website.
To date, highlights have included sending a young athlete and a talented swimmer off to the Olympics, as well as producing a British Junior figure-skating champion.
Candidates for sponsorship - highly talented young people finding it financially difficult to pursue their dreams - are recommended by members. The CGA provides as much assistance as possible, believing that the nation's talented youth deserve recognition and support.
Current recipients of the CGA Sport Sponsorship include:
- Charlie Manning - Golf
- Emily Llewellyn - Three day eventing
- Katrina Hart - Athletics
- John Collins - Rowing
- Leticia Marsh & Elliot Crook - Ice Dancing
Former recipients have included:
- Louisa Lockwood - Three day eventing
- Robert Tobin - Athletics
- Ben Miller - Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Lewis Gardener - Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Charlie Neill Hall - Cricket
- Nathaniel Lewis - Fencing
- Joanna Webber - Figure Skating
- Alan Blencowe - Motor Racing
- Paul Bishop - Tennis
- James Alexander - Rally Driving
- Michael Melford - Rugby and Cricket
- Richard Charlesworth - Swimming
- Molly Thompson Smith - Climbing