A home library

Lasting protection for high value homes

Here at CGA Protect our insurance team are specialists in insuring higher value homes and belongings with over 40 years heritage in the market. We understand and recognise your need of a little extra protection to meet your high net worth lifestyle, which is why CGA Protect is your ideal choice of insurer broker.

What is high value home insurance?

High value home insurance is a specialist type of insurance designed for people with valuable homes and possessions that might not be covered in a standard home insurance policy.

What is the difference between standard home insurance and high value home insurance?

Most insurance policies impose limits on the amount they will pay out for individual items. In both types of policies, you are covered for fire, theft, accidental damage and water damage but the contents of your home might not be adequately covered. For example, if you have an insurance policy that pays out contents up to £150,000 you might believe that your items are safely covered but you could be in for a shock to find out that the maximum amount your insurer pays for one item could be as low as £1500.

If you have items of higher net worth such as arts and antiques collections, high value jewellery, gold, watches and other precious metals or even high spec technology, it’s worth enquiring with your insurer to make sure these items are properly protected. If they aren’t, it might be worth considering a high value insurance policy.

This type of insurance is ideal for anyone who is lucky enough to have a lifestyle that needs a bit of extra protection for their building as well as its contents.

What’s actually covered?

High value home doesn’t just mean the contents of the home but can also encompass the building itself.

Building insurance. This covers you for the cost of rebuilding your home as it is with the essential fixtures and fittings, not the market value of your home. Different insurance policies will cover you for different amounts but at CGA Protect we can offer policies that are bespoke to your individual needs, we can also offer cover for listed buildings and buildings of nonstandard construction.

Contents insurance. This is perceived as items in your home that are not permanent fixtures, such as furniture, computers and TV’s, artworks, jewellery, musical instruments and other valuables. It’s important to be aware of the value of the items in your home so you can ensure you have the right level of cover.

At CGA Protect we can offer extra benefits designed exclusively for high value home owners, for example:

-         Legal expenses and home emergency as standard

-         All risk buildings and contents as standard

-         Alternative accommodation for up to 5 years

-         High value jewellery and collectibles with various limits

-         World wide cover

We’ve put together a handy document to help you properly value your contents which is available for free, just send us an enquiry requesting the form and we will send it to the email address provided.

If this sounds like the type of cover your home needs, then check out our high value insurance page to find out more and send us an enquiry or give our friendly team a call.

Check out these other articles

A manor house on a manicured garden

Lasting protection for high value homes

Here at CGA protect our insurance team are specialists in insuring higher value homes and belongings with over 40 years heritage in the market.

A hammer and spanner on a table

Safety in numbers

Adequate insurance is one of life’s necessary safeguards but it’s wise to take care as well. Follow this advice for safe summer fun

gloved hands holding a mug of coffee

Don’t take unnecessary risks this winter

Did you know insurers pay out around £1.8 million everyday to customers who make ‘escape of water’ claims?

A ring in a ring box

The value of your jewellery box

Do you know the value of your jewellery box? You would be surprised how easily it can add up and how often you should have it valued